Kingwood, TX — Travis Bingham, a registered sex offender who authorities said failed to appear for an April trial, was taken into custody Thursday following a brief standoff in Kingwood, according to the Lavaca County Attorney’s Office.
Bingham had been scheduled for trial on April 13, 2026, on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender. According to the County Attorney’s Office, he did not appear and remained at large until Aug. 20.
Authorities said Bingham was located at a residence in Kingwood by the U.S. Marshals Service for the Southern District of Texas.
Members of the Gulf Coast U.S. Marshals Service and the Harris County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team took Bingham into custody following a brief standoff.
At least one other person was also arrested at the residence, according to the County Attorney’s Office. No additional information about that arrest was provided.
The charge against Bingham is an accusation, and he is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty in court.

