Alamo, TX — A 28-year-old man has been sentenced to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to murder in a 2024 shooting at a McDonald’s parking lot.
Jose Alberto Jimenez was sentenced Tuesday. Police previously identified him as the driver of a second vehicle that arrived at the McDonald’s at 1018 West Frontage Road on August 20, 2024, and then left after the shooting.
The victim was identified in an indictment as Raul Cantu Jr. The Alamo Police Department has said the motive is believed to be gang- and narcotics-related.
Three other people were charged in the case. Albert Medina, identified as the gunman and arrested in McAllen, took a plea deal and received 45 years. Carlos Alfredo Rivera Jasso pleaded guilty to murder and was sentenced to 23 years. Police have not said how Rivera Jasso was involved.
Christina Montemayor was identified as the driver of the other vehicle and turned herself in. Her trial is set for September 21.

