San Antonio, TX — A woman was taken into custody Tuesday evening after police said a dispute over money escalated into gunfire and an assault at a North Side home.
San Antonio police responded to the 300 block of Redcliff Drive, where officers learned the victim had left before their arrival and was later located at another residence.
According to SAPD, the victim said she and her girlfriend had been arguing over money when the woman allegedly displayed a handgun and fired a round.
Police said the victim attempted to leave but was prevented from doing so. The woman allegedly choked the victim, struck her with the handgun and fired additional rounds. The victim was not struck by gunfire and eventually escaped with help from a family member.
Officers established a perimeter in the area and took the woman into custody without incident.
Police said she faces charges of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and assault by strangulation. The investigation remains ongoing.
Charges are accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.

