Texan ReportTexan ReportTexas News in English
Border

UPDATE: 18-Year-Old Charged With Murder Following Fatal DeSoto Shooting

DeSoto, TX — DeSoto Police have charged 18-year-old Mirrion Antwone Foster with murder following a fatal shooting that left another 18-year-old man dead Sunday afternoon. The shooting occurred around 4:30 p.m. Aug. 16 at a…

DeSoto, TX — DeSoto Police have charged 18-year-old Mirrion Antwone Foster with murder following a fatal shooting that left another 18-year-old man dead Sunday afternoon.

The shooting occurred around 4:30 p.m. Aug. 16 at a residence in the 1300 block of Sequoia Court.

Officers responding to a 911 call found several people inside the residence, including an 18-year-old man suffering from a single gunshot wound to the chest. Officers provided first aid until DeSoto Fire Rescue arrived and transported the victim to a hospital, where he later died.

Foster was detained at the scene and was initially identified by police as the person believed to have fired the shot. Police said he was not related to the victim.

In an update, the DeSoto Police Department announced that Foster has now been charged with murder following its initial investigation.

Detectives are continuing to work to establish a motive. Police have not released additional details as the investigation remains active.

Authorities previously described the shooting as an isolated incident and said there was no immediate threat to the public.

Anyone with information related to the shooting is asked to contact the DeSoto Police Department at (469) 658-3050.

A criminal charge is an accusation. Foster is presumed innocent unless proven guilty in a court of law.

SHARE THIS STORY

Share this information

Help this story reach more readers.

Facebook X WhatsApp Email
KEEP EXPLORING

Explore Texan Report

Find more verified Texas news by topic.

Discover more from Reporte Tejano

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading