DeSoto, TX — An 18-year-old man was fatally shot Sunday afternoon at a home in DeSoto, and another 18-year-old man was detained at the scene, according to the DeSoto Police Department.
Police responded to the 1300 block of Sequoia Court at approximately 4:30 p.m. Sunday, August 16, after a witness called 911 and reported someone had been shot inside the residence.
Officers found several people inside the home, including the 18-year-old victim suffering from a single gunshot wound to the chest. Officers provided first aid until DeSoto Fire Rescue arrived and transported him to a local hospital, where he later died.
Police detained an 18-year-old man at the scene who investigators believe was the shooter. Police said he is not related to the victim.
The investigation remains ongoing. Authorities are withholding additional details while the victim’s next of kin are notified.
Police said the shooting was an isolated incident and there is no immediate threat to the public.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the DeSoto Police Department at (469) 658-3050.
No criminal charge against the detained individual was announced in the information released Sunday evening.

